- Do you like being cooped up inside the house day after day?
- Did your parents raise you by keeping you in a cage-like box for long periods of time only letting you out to eat and empty your waste?
- Were you allowed to speak to other humans when you were growing up?
- Are you alone in the world, or do you have at least one friend (outside of your immediate family)?
- If you had 4 legs would you just want to lie around all day every day?
- Would you like me to quit asking questions and just answer the original one?
Surprisingly, I get asked this question fairly often, "Why should I take my dog to a dog park?" There are all kinds of answers I could give you, but first, I'll ask you some questions (feel free to talk to yourself a little bit here--maybe even to your dog):
If you've done any traveling at all then you know that sometimes it can be a lonely adventure. Don't get me wrong, I believe (for the most part) traveling is one of the most amazing and impactful things we can do as humans. Yet, if you have fur-members in your family then something seems missing when you're off in the mountains, on the beach, or walking miles in a new city (gotta get those 10,000+ steps in).
Whether you're already familiar with traveling with your pet/s, you're considering starting, or you are sans-pet and thinking about how adding a pet to your life will impact your wanderlust behavior here are 7 reasons I have found that traveling with your pet is the BEST!!